Wound Healing Center
Every wound has its unique set of circumstances. AGH’s Wound Healing Center is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most treatments covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans. We are expert at caring for people whose open sores have resisted traditional treatment with a success rate of 89% healed in 16 weeks.
Our center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of open sores are complex and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle their carried circumstances and challenges. It could be as simple as changing a medication, or more complex. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we’re equipped and staffed to make it happen.
Your wound care physician may prescribe some of these therapies:
- Debridement (removal of dead or damaged tissue)
- Specially chosen dressings and wraps
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Platelet growth technologies
How to Start Healing
- Generally the physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or, you can make your appointment directly by calling us at (269) 686-HEAL or (269) 686-4325.
- When you call for your first appointment, we’ll as you a few question about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there’s any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we’ll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your special needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you’ll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you’ll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- A list of any medications you’re currently taking as well as any allergies you’re aware of
- Medical records including x-rays if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards
Your Role in Healing
Much of the success of your treatment depends on you. We’ll count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You’ll learn about caring for your wound at home including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. We’re always here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
For more information, call (269) 686-HEAL or (269) 686-4325 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The center is located in the southeast corner on the 2nd floor of the hospital.
Wound Healing Center