Classes are taught by a Registered Dietitian, who has had specific training in Diabetes. Information presented in class includes:
- Introduction and Basic Facts about Diabetes
- Meal Planning/Carbohydrate Counting
- General Overview of Diabetic Medications
- Handling High and Low Blood Sugars
- Long-Term Complications
- Goal Setting for Successful Management of Diabetes
Our class is designed to be interactive and questions are encouraged. We also recommend that you bring a support person to the class with you, whether a family member or a friend. Most insurances will cover the cost of the class (a co-pay or deductible may apply). A physician referral is required to bill insurance.
Please contact the AGH's Dietitian's office at (269) 686-4253 to register or for any questions.