Ascension Michigan hospitals implement visitor restrictions to protect against spread of influenza
With the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ (MDHHS) classification of “widespread activity” of influenza across the state, and in an effort to protect our patients, families and associates, visitor restrictions at all Ascension Michigan hospitals across the state are now in effect.
- Ascension Michigan hospitals are limiting visitors to those who are 14 years of age or older. Children are at the greatest risk of getting and spreading the flu.
- Visitors should be healthy – free from fever, cough, colds or stomach virus symptoms. If you are not well, please do not visit.
- No more than two visitors will be allowed to visit with a patient at any one time.
- We are also asking visitors to remember to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before, during and after visiting.
Visitor restrictions will remain in effect until further notice. Ascension Michigan infection preventionists will continue to monitor influenza activity with MDHHS and will assess when restrictions can be lifted.
Ascension Michigan hospitals include:
About Ascension Michigan
- Allegan General Hospital
- Ascension Borgess Hospital
- Ascension Borgess-Lee Hospital
- Ascension Borgess-Pipp Hospital
- Ascension Brighton Center for Recovery
- Ascension Genesys Hospital
- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital
- Ascension Providence Hospital
- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital
- Ascension River District Hospital
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital
- Ascension St. Joseph Hospital
- Ascension Standish Hospital
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 22,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided over $270 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2019. Serving Michigan for over 140 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., operating 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50